My mom had her surgery on her knee today. (See previous news here and here.)
The doctor opened up the replacement knee to see what’s causing the strep infection in her blood and the inflammation around her knee. The good news is that he didn’t have to take the more drastic step of removing the artificial knee, sewing her back up, and waiting six weeks to put a new one in. Instead, he cleaned up the area and replaced all the plastic parts.
Now we wait. If the infection and inflammation are gone, then we’re out of the woods. But if it comes back or continues, then they’ll have to resort to the more drastic measures. Thank you everyone for your continued prayers.