I’ve had fun annoying my Texan in-laws with this list, having to explain most of them with Melanie backing me up on a few (she’s acclimating). So if you’re from Boston, you should get these (although some of them require that you’re over the age of about 40) and if you’re not from Boston, well, you probably won’t get them.
“101 Ways You Know You’re from Boston: If…”
1. The Red Sox World Series win was, and will always be, one of the greatest moments in your life.
2. The guy driving in front of you is going 70 mph and you’re swearing at him for going too slow.
3. When ordering a tonic, you mean a Coke.
4. You went to Canobie Lake Park or Water Country as a kid
5. You actually enjoy driving around rotaries.
6. You do not recognize the letter “R” as a part of the English language.
7. Your social security number starts with a 0.
8. You can actually find your way around Boston.
9. You know what a “regular” coffee is.
10. You keep an ice scraper in your car year-round.
11. You can tell the difference between a Revere accent and a Dorchester accent.
12. Springfield is located “way out west.”
13. You almost feel disappointed if someone doesn’t flip you the bird when you cut them off or steal their parking space.