The “Wandering Thomist” has a pretty good list of the Top Five Most Profound Theological Thoughts Not Contained in the Bible:
1) “The glory of God is man fully alive.” St. Irenaeus of Lyons.
2) “Grace perfects nature.” St. Thomas Aquinas.
3) “Our hearts are restless until they rest in thee, O Lord.” St. Augustine.
4) “Where the bishop is, the Catholic Church is also.” St. Ignatius of Antioch.
5) “Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.” Benjamin Franklin.
Care to guess my favorite?
Does anyone have any others that should make the list?