RobK at Kyrie Eleison tagged me with this quiz.
- Do you attend the Traditional Latin Mass or the Novus Ordo? We attend the Novus Ordo and in fact, the first time I ever attended the TLM was just a few weeks ago. I don’t have any intention of changing our regular attendance, but have nothing against the TLM and hope it spreads far and wide. However, I also hope that the Ordinary Use of the Latin Rite goes through a new renewal and we see more Latin-language Masses in that usage.
- If you attend the TLM, how far do you drive to get there? As I said, we don’t attend, but the closest one is about an hour away in Newton. Not exactly convenient for parish life.
- If you had to apply a Catholic label to yourself, what would it be? I am completely comfortable being called orthodox, conservative, or traditional, although I wouldn’t quite qualify as Traditionalist since I’m not a TLM’er.
- Are you a comment junkie? Not really. I’ll post occasionally, but if I have something to say I’ll usually write it up as a blog post on my site. I don’t know if that’s better or not.
- Do you go back to read the comments on the blogs you’ve commented on? Usually only if the blog has some type of “new comment posted” notification system, like my blog has. Otherwise I can never remember where I commented.
- Have you ever left an anonymous comment on another blog? Yes. Let’s leave it at that because if I said any more it wouldn’t be anonymous.
- Which blogroll would you most like to be on? That’s tricky. Do I want the link for the Google-rank that it gives or because I like the person? For the latter, it would have to be Instapundit or one of the heavy-hitting conservative bloggers. Otherwise, I’m grateful to anyone who blogrolls me.
- Which blog is the first one you check? That’s a difficult question to answer since I don’t read blogs by loading them in my browser. Instead I use an RSS reader which aggregates all the new posts. But if I didn’t have access to that, I would say, first, Melanie’s blog, since of course my wife is brilliant and witty and posts fun stories about our daughter. A close second would be Catholic World News’ Off The Record, since I think Diogenes is always intelligent, insightful, and funny. And because I had a hand in the creation of the blog, lo these many years ago.
- Have you met any other bloggers in person? Ooh, I hope I don’t forget anyone. Let’s see. I’ve met Fr. Rob Johansen, Genevieve Kineke, Richard Chonak, Karen Hall, Barbara Nicolosi, Patrick Coffin, “Wimsey”, Rod Dreher, Kelly Clark, Jen Stewart, and G. Thomas Fitzpatrick. I’m sure I’m forgetting someone, and please don’t that personally because I’m getting old and senile. Even so, I’m a bit surprised by the length of that list. I didn’t think it would be that long.
- What are you reading? At the moment, I’m finishing up S.M. Stirling’s latest Changeverse novel, “The Sunrise Lands.” I’m also reading “The Lobster Chronicles” by Linda Greenlaw and the audiobook of Stephen Lawhead’s “Hood”. I’m sort of in-between theological/spiritual reading at the moment. I’ll probably pick up one of the Pope’s books next.
- Bonus Question! Has your site been banned by Spirit of Vatican II? No and I find that annoying.
That was fun. If you want to answer the questions too, either in the comments or on your blog, be my guest.
- wink.gif: Own photo